Nokia 6100 Color LCD - 128 x 128 pixel - Arduino compaitble
Color LCDs you can afford and play with! Yet another product based on an SFE customer request, this 128x128 mini color LCD is a perfect match for your next portable application.
What we've found over in China is a 'copy' of the Nokia LCD found in models 6100, 6610, 7210, 7250, and 5100. We don't know what phones it fits, and we don't really care. This inexpensive LCD comes with a powerful white LED backlight and a relatively simple serial interface. It's a 9-bit interface, so beware. But we were able to get the LCD up and running on a LPC2138 with a few hours worth of work.
Please note: This LCD is meant to replace a broken screen in a cell phone. The connector (both on the LCD and on the PCB) was not designed for multiple attachment/detachment. Please secure your LCD in place with double stick tape to prevent stress on these connectors. This LCD is small! Please see the comparative photos. With that said, it is still superbly readable at arms length (cell phone technology).
Note: This shield uses the Epson S1D15G10 or Philips PCF8833 controller (we cannot guarantee which one you will receive. Please see Jim Lynch's tutorial below as to why.
Frame Dimensions: 1.35x1.58"
Active Display Dimensions: 1.2"x1.2"
- LCD Logic - 3.3V @ 2-3mA
- LED Backlight - 7V @ 40-50mA (very bright)
- Full 4,096 Color Display
- Uses the Epson S1D15G10 or Philips PCF8833 Controller (we cannot guarantee which one you will receive, please see Jim Lynch's tutorial below as to why)
- Latest LPC2148 example code from SFE, works with both controllers
- Latest ATmega8 example code from SFE, works with Epson controller
- Interface tutorial by Jim Lynch
- Epson Controller Datasheet
- The holy grail forum posting for this Nokia type LCD
- Example Pixel Control of LCD
- Example Parallax Stamp BS2 Code - Thanks Terry! Screenshot
- Example ATmega32 Code - Thanks Jimbo!
- Example SAM7-P64 ARM Code - Thanks again Jimbo!
- Example 3D Graphics project on a PIC
- Example ATmega644/128/32/16 code - Care of Cathy
- Example Gumstix Interface - Thanks Areth
- Example PIC 16F87x code for CCS Compiler - Thanks Marcus
- Example PIC 18F4550 USB - Thanks Francesco
- Example 4096 Color Control - Beautiful! Thanks Loren Blaney
- Example Linux Driver - Thanks Zsolt
- Example Image Converter - Thanks Jamie Samayoa
- Example PICAXE Code - Thanks westaust55
- Bitmap Converter - Thanks Sebastian
- mbed Example
Pin Out (use the numbering visible on the display connector):
- VCC-Digital (3.3V)
- VCC-Display (3.3V)
- LED GND
- LED V+ (6-7V)