Raspberry Pi Model B 512 MB RAM + Case
The Raspberry Pi Model B is a credit-card sized computer board that plugs into a TV. It’s a miniature ARM-based PC that can perform many of the functions of a large desktop PC. While it can run office programs like spreadsheets and word processors, the Model B is intended as a platform for learning computer programming in languages such as Scratch and Python. It plays High-Definition video in multi-media applications and can access the Internet via a suitable connection.
The design is based around a Broadcom BCM2835 SoC, which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor, VideoCore IV GPU, and 128 or 256 Megabytes of RAM. The design does not include a built-in hard disk or solid-state drive, instead relying on an SD card for booting and long-term storage. This board is intended to run Linux kernel based operating systems. Raspberry Pi Model B boards are supplied as board only, and come without operating system, SD card, power supply, keyboard, case or cables.
As typical of modern computers, generic USB keyboards and mice are compatible with the Raspberry Pi. The Raspberry Pi use Linux-kernel based operating systems.
- Broadcom BCM2835 700MHz ARM1176JZFS processor with FPU and Videocore 4 GPU
- GPU provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- GPU is capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- 512MB RAM (Model B)
- Boots from SD card, running a version of Linux
- USB 2.0 x 2 sockets
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket